Los Angeles-based folk duo yOya just released the aching, soaring new single “Fool’s Gold.” It starts hushed, enveloping, with a shimmer of acoustic guitar and opening harmonies that bring to mind Simon & Garfunkel and Local Natives. But as the synthesizers and drum machines enter, the song blossoms and “Fool’s Gold” announces itself as pure yOya: a masterfully crafted meditation on the complexities of desire, set to an old-meets-new tapestry of organic and electronic sounds. Impose premiered the track and said, “yOya carefully aligns the fragments of leftover feelings in a blooming song structure that slowly shines to toast the diamond in the rough that got away.” “Fool’s Gold” is yOya’s latest for New Professor Music, the label home to LA Font, Body Parts, Gothic Tropic and many more of Los Angeles’ most vital new bands.
yOya will be on tour this spring. West Coast shows are listed below. Look for more dates to be announced in the coming weeks.
03.24 – Los Angeles @ Bootleg Theater #
04.04 – Merced, CA @ The Partisan *
04.06 – Santa Cruz, CA @ The Crepe Place *
04.08 – San Francisco, CA @ The Chapel *
04.09 – Portland, OR @ Valentine’s *
04.10 – Corvallis, OR @ Bombs Away Cafe *
* with Haunted Summer
# with Moses Sumney
For more information please visit:
- LA Font releases 'Diving Man Remixed' EP on New Professor Music
- Empires announce signing to Chop Shop/Island Records, new music & tour news
- Dead Leaf Echo announce release of new EP Feb.25 on Moon Sound Records & US tour dates
- Bleeding Rainbow releases track 'Images' from new album "Interrupt' out Feb.28 on Kanine Records
- Memphis May Fire To Release 'Unconditional' Mar.25; pre-order and new song stream now
- Singer/Songwriter/Producer Alauda releases new video 'Honey Priest'